Thread: 5 Wide
View Single Post
Old April 11th 2006, 09:35

YES, is the answer. with that said, here's some food for thought on the various VW beetle brake drums:

The axle spline dia. and count are the same from the early 50's to the onset of IRS, what change though was the axle spline length between 67-68 and of course the obvious wheel bolt pattern of 5x205 to 4x103. This doesn't take into account the THING drums w/5x205 that well fit 68 and newer as a bolt on, or the 63+/- van that has same axle dia. as a beetle that will fit a 68 and newer with a little machining.

I'm afraid your asking to opened ended of a question. What's the Year and Make..., Let me try that again. With as much modification that goes on in back of yards of VW owners..., what is the axle output, IE... IRS, swing pre 67, Thing or Porsche. I've been assuming this is a back axle you've got questions about, so correct me if I'm wrong.

If your referring to what's being sold in magazines, advertising a brake drum that has a bolt patter of X Y Z, and you want to know what will bolt on to your rig to look really kool. - MORE input, Please.

Last: It would be better to state your goal, and then work to that point or backward..., however you see it. Again, I need more input.