View Single Post
Old October 20th 2008, 17:32

Too much time between updates, that's what I'd be thinking if I were following this thread

Things are progressing slowly but surely. It's getting closer to starting a little bit at a time. Got the sump tank mounted finally, along with the tank for the water injection system. I mounted the water injection controller on the rollbar on the driver's side to make it a little more accessible. Ran the water and vacuum line for the water injection system as well, they join the bundle that runs to the engine bay. I went with the #2 nozzle at the top of the T where the intake splits, should be good for 250-400hp.

For the sump tank mount I sandwiched adel clamps with 2 strips of 1/8" aluminum flat stock. It came out pretty sturdy and once the tank clamps are tightened there won't be any wiggle room.

And here's a shot where the oil filters ended up. It's an unused mount for a Z-bar setup, so I added another bolt and put the filters behind the tire. There's about an inch or so clearance with the race tires in place.