View Single Post
Old February 25th 2013, 05:38

Hi

Bit of an update, I replaced my cracked 930 CV boots with some eBay ones, great quality.

Some time ago I read post on this forum by Ricola about clocking CVs. After a bit of search I found the information on doing this. You can read more about it here http://www.outfrontmotorsports.com/cv_assembly.htm

I used a plastic windscreen washer bottle as my water to air intercooler reservoir.

It always looked a bit cheap so I bought a aluminium one from eBay and had my friend Westi fit two 3/4 bungs and a two bosses so I could fit a level indicator.

Transmission still has noises but nowhere near as bad as before and it seems to be just one noise now, not a variety of noises. I've decided to keep the extra mountings that I've fitted even if they do transmit noise. At least I know that I’m not slowly grinding the transmission to pieces.

I fitted an extra brake light bulb in tail light housing, just in case and also I've made a move to a more permanent coolant overflow reservoir. I'm using US style tail light lenses.

I was booked in for a dyno on the 18th and to also have a knock module fitted to the Autronic SM4 at the same time.

It was a pretty disappointing day at the dyno, with all the heat build up around radiator because of the lack of airflow, the fuel pump started to make funny noises and cavitate and was making the motor run hairy over 5,000.

So no power figures as such but I did see 169kw on the screen once, the dyno is a very old but a good one but is not hooked up to printers etc like later dynos. I also will need to rethink my fuel pump layout.

I thought that I would post some photos of my 044 pump and surge tank.

Next week I'm going to move the 044 and surge tank to the rear of the car.
For the time being I've changed the surge tank layout a little, I originally had it setup so that fuel returning from the rail would go into the tank and cool a little, I think only relying on the lift pump to fill the surge tank would maybe make the surge tank run out of fuel during in high demand.

I also made some fill panels for my whale tail out of black Perspex and secured them with M5 nutserts and stainless M5 Allen screws.

I'm sorting out ride heights now and just having fun driving it. I'm also setting up the waste gate actuator.

So after I get my fuel issues sorted I will go a for another dyno session.

Steve