Thread: 1302
View Single Post
Old December 7th 2010, 13:41

ok here is som more pics
I replaced the fueltank with this fuel cell. And moved it into a lower position, like 911. Many typ1 owners here in Sweden used to put a sandbag in the trunk in the winter, to get better grip for the front wheels. In my case I want as low CG height as possible and more weight direct over the front wheels for better grip. The upper lid is now where the bottom was before.

A safety device. A rollover switch for the gas pump. Its from a Ford Scorpio, originally mounted back above the gas tank in the Ford.

Mallory fuel pump. Its a gear pump and gives less pressure pikes and works more quiet than a Holly pump. The Holly pump is a vane pump (4 vings).

Here am I going to mount a light weight battery 7kg from Odyssey. A high power switch is mounted to be able swith the car off, remote via cables. The installation is not completed at the picture.

Some interior pics. Both seats are going to be replaced. Hopfully during this winter. (The shell seat has shrunk ). The panels have I made from alu sheet.

Front suspension pics. Classic combination of Golf dampers, Porsche 944T lower part, homemade ...

Last edited by 1302 S; December 7th 2010 at 14:23.