Thread: 1303gt
View Single Post
Old December 23rd 2009, 01:39

Quote:
Originally Posted by evilC View Post
I used 924S/944 complete front legs - it made life simpler - with 40mm lowered springs and new dampers. By ball joint kit do you mean the kersher bottom ball joint?
Where are you getting a caster adjusting sway bar?
I would try the rear without a sway bar at first and then make a decision whether you need it.
I always decide what tyres I need to run and then decide on the appropriate wheels for a comp car not the other way round.
The rear needs to be stiffened up and I would suggest 23.5mm (944) torsion bars initially or maybe 25.5mm (944 M030[?]) and/or use coil overs
A strut brace and a 5-bar Kafer Cup brace would also be desireable.

Clive
yes, the Kersher ball joints.
the sway bar is from topline ,http://www.toplineparts.com/products/swaybar.htm

I have a couple of sets of wheels from my 86 951, but they are ET23 and from what I have found searching, will not fit under stock fenders. so I'm on the lookout for some ET53 Phone Dials, although I like the looks of the early wheels much better. and I'm only looking to fit 16x7 front and rear so I may end up going with wider fenders.

I'll play with spring rates, but this is going to be a street car and the roads here are rough. so the car will be driveable, not too stiff and not too low.
rear sway bar will or willnot be included as needed.

Thanks for the input, always good to hear what others who have already done something have to say

Last edited by 1303GT; February 19th 2010 at 20:19.