View Single Post
Old January 21st 2006, 14:29

Quote:
Originally Posted by martilo
From your pics, i do not understand how you made the recessed part arround the shape on the body before putting the scoop on.
I maked it with an "verzettang". (I don't know the word of it in English)
Just like the left thing on this pic

It works like this.

Quote:
Do you have more pics of that procedure?
On the link below you see all the pics I have of making them fit.
http://www.keversite.nl/fotoalbum/my_photos.php?id=2005

Quote:
Also, i was wondering how that the scoop interfere with the interior sides (pics?).
The last corner of the sidepanels have to be "cut" out. You can see in the above link 1 picture of the place were the scoop will be in the inside. On the inside the scoop goes an bit to the backside. So an gab have to be cut out of the sidepanels. Sorry no other pics of that, because I'm not that far right now.

Quote:
Finally, how does it connects with the engine compartment? (pics also?)
It will be connected to the enginebay with an hose of aluminium or RVS of 70/80mm in diameter. At the engine bay I wil mount at each side one plate (with an cut out hole) with an "tube" welded on that plate. This completed plate will be screwed to the firewall (were also is drilled two large holes). And also sorry to say, but no pics yet. But when the chassis comes more to the end I will be going further on the body. I will post pics as soon as I can.

Quote:
From your experience with these scoop, how complicated a job is it to install? Is the remmele kit comes complete, with the proper mounting instructions?
At first I want to say that I don't have an Remmele set but an Remmele-look-a-like set bought by www.kevertuning.nl. You buy them without any instructions! But if you have questions you always can call Frank (verry nice guy who always want to help you).

Till now the installation is not quite complicated or so. Rustrepair is more complicated than this

Quote:
Thank you for your answers and keep on with the good work.
Louis
Thanks Louis!!!