View Single Post
Old September 21st 2003, 17:29

Re: Wing/Fender vents

Quote:
Originally posted by Michael Ghia

One of the big problems I have looked into on my car is how to get air to the engine. I thought about putting naca ducts in the rear windows but the bodyshell starts to taper in from the door pillars and this may create more or a vacuum at the rear windows than pressure if I were to fit ducts there.
Another idea was one I saw on a Bug which had a mid-mounted configuration where rear vents from a T3 had been fitted just below the rear windows to feed the engine. Again this is just after the bodyshell starts to taper in.

How about Remmele kinds airintakes that are made in the sidepanels.. I have them too!!!

Quote:
Another idea I have seen is from Porsche racing cars. The GT1 uses a duct which runs over the top of the roof, where as I'm not too into the looks of this on my Oval roof! I can appreciate how well this must work. One other idea has come from the 962 where the fan intake is on the roof, it's basically a huge naca duct which feeds only the fan to cool the engine. Looks pretty cool and if almost out of sight although it means cutting a large hole in the roof!!!
That's what i maybe are going to make a duct on my roof of my bug!!! But i'm still thinking of it (expescially about making it rainclose..)

Quote:
Lots of ideas!! Anyone got anymore?

Thanks

Mike Ghia