View Single Post
Old May 12th 2006, 01:53

Well the adjustable spring plates are in and modified for decamber. The ride height is re-set and cross-weight adjusted (50.8% LR-RF). The car weights 1950 lb with a full tank.

The front end still has a couple issues. First, the right front tire rubs the fender lip with the 1.5" spacer on. Appearantly, Porsche are known to have a similar chassis offset where the body seems to be shifted to the left. When I fit the spacers I only measured the left side . Next time, measure both sides and spit the difference... The offset seems to be a little here and a little there when I measure fenders, beam, arms, etc. I've removed the front spacers for now.

Second, the left front cannot be adjusted into negative camber (RF is at -1.2 deg max with extra eccentric adjuster). It is maxed at 0 camber now. Next up is to check the left control arms for bends. It figures that a brand new Brazilian beam with control arms would be bent... I'll be swapping in new left control arms to see if bending is the issue.

I've gone over the suspension and brakes re-torquing and tweaking, so I'm confident it is solid now (aside from the LF camber).

It continues to be a blast to drive. I love the torquey motor, firm suspension, and tight steering/shifting. I just got a video camera mount that I'm looking forward to trying out this weekend.

Before Memorial Day, I'll be road-trippin' with Jake from Atlanta to Sac in the Plague. Memorial Day will be Bug-O-Rama Sac with the T4 conversion crew gathering. And in June, Zen and I will be road-tripping from Sac to Anaheim and back for The Classic This will be the first big trip in the car since restoration

The Carbon Joe front spoiler turned out great and noticably holds the front end down at high speed. I'm thankful I got one. :agree: