View Single Post
Old January 19th 2003, 01:22

Thanks fellows. I have found most of the sites you are talking about and a few more. Right know I am trying to sort alot of things out. www.smokemup.com has alot of automotive formula calculators including: How to determine your engine CMF (this is so you can determine the throttle body size) and determining you injector sizing.
The actual injection system is fairly simple. It is the other parts you need too which complicates things. The fuel pump, the pressure regulator, the fuel distributor, the oxygen sensors, enrichment circuits, and I could go on and on.
There are custom parts all over the net, the problem is finding stock parts and what cars they came on to minimize cost.
One item which is fairly noticable is that all the injected cars run throttle bodies which are quite a bit larger than the same cars with carbs. It may be the the carbs need more velocity to develop a vaccum signal where as the FI doesn't need a vaccum signal.
There are a lot of sites which cater to the ricers. For only $400 they will overbore the throttle body and polish it and you can expect 1 to 2 more HP. Doesn't sound cost affective to me. Will be back soon with more info, I hope.