View Single Post
Old July 29th 2009, 13:34

The Porsche stepped cylinder superseded the 19/19 944 original m/c to decrease the braking to the rear to provide more front bias on what was a heavy front engined car. If you fit that stepped cylinder then in a rear heavy type 3 you will have much too much front bias. You could try and swap the lines over so that the larger piston feeds the 4 pots but that would seem to be a retrograde step as your spec is quite exotic for the front and much less so for the rear. can you measure the caliper piston diameters? The fronts will be dual size.

Isn't the standard front sway bar 19mm already? Having installed a 944 14mm rear bar to a 1303 super I don't really expect a huge transformation as the operating angles don't really stress the bar enough so you could try it with the standard front and take it from there. I certainly wouldn't bother buying a Swayaway until you have tried the rear bar first. Whats the difference in dimensions on the sway bars for a bug and a Type 3? I know the type 3 torsion bars fit the super so I guess that there will be very little difference. If so, talk to Whiteline I'm sure they will be able to suggest a combination of bug front and rear bars that will give you the handling you're looking for.

Clive