View Single Post
Old February 25th 2014, 13:48

hi 4agedub, hows that turbo coming along? well done on the front panel with splitter, Graham has a Rover version adapted to his 1303 which looks great, these take more air to the underside at the front than a b/j car, but both benefit from a proper air dam with splitter, i have some ideas i will cobble together soon to balance up my b/j car, at the moment i run various fairings and air channeling ducts at the front both to vent my rad' and oil coolers out into low pressure areas and also stopping lift, the rear is flat paneled right through just to help reduce drag by intention, but no doubt the spin off with an increase in under steer points to more rear load being generated. the mystery's of photo bucket on tablet remain unsolved, but ill try the pc to post up a few shots. success, here you can see the floor area extended both out to the sides and also into the wheel arches, ive left enough room to work on the car and support it, all mods have some trade off i guess, under the trans is paneled out with a duct for air to the diff, i will temp strip it to monitor things but have allowed for airflow into the clutch etc. the second one shows the ride height at 55mm before the under panels went on, its come down to about 50mm now, still 10mm above the minimum, but getting there, the exhaust needs yet more work to clear the ground and get the primarys up out the way, but i fancy oiking the motor up yet another inch will be the best way forward, i really should be buying a logger also, but for now i fancy using a small bullet cam to measure suspension compression on the fly, that should prove out things..

[