View Single Post
Old May 18th 2011, 14:12

Right....finally got to do some more work on it!!
Craigs polished under the bonnet and i finished the wiring loom.

Some of you may wonder why im using old VW connector plugs and uninsulated terminals. Basically i wanted to make the loom look like in belonged - original but slightly better. All the wiring is in standard colours with a few little extras. Ive added wiring for my guages (tacho, pressure, temp etc), ive added electric washer bottle wiring which works off of the wiper stalk, front and hear heated screens, lineloc and fuel pump. The fuel pump is wired in on a relay circuit so if the engine cuts out eg in an accident, the fuel pump cuts out. I wired in the original heated rear screen switch to work the pump when i need to prime the system before starting the engine ----> pic

and these two are my heated front and rear screen in place of the electric fan switch

and finally shifter with lineloc button (all the wiring hanging through the glove box is for guages)

i just need to decide what to do with these two holes in the dash

i was thinking about getting two hazzard switch knobs which light up - and changing the colours of the plasic so they look factory but can have one as a shift light and one as a line loc light