View Single Post
Old April 16th 2010, 10:55

You might find it convenient and cheap to purchase the whole suspension and brakes from an early 944 en bloc (or indeed a 924S/944 whole car and sell the rest on) rather than individual parts. Even a 944T could be a reasonable purchase. If early parts then upgrade to Turbo bits. You will probably be purchasing new discs and pads shoes but the turbo stuff fits the N/A supension. I went for the 928S4 rear calipers because the market for them is less than for 944/911 et sec parts (I did mate them to 944 N/A discs but that is another story)
At the worst you could purchase late model 944/968 suspension and then drill the spindles to suit or even rely on abs signals off the front wheels for a speedo connection. The options are many and varied and very much depend on what you can get on the second hand market and at what price. My spec was:

924S full suspension and brakes - £65
928S4 rear calipers - £110
944 15mm rear anti-roll bar - £25
Brand new discs/pads/suspension bushes/dampers/springs - all consumable items that ought not to be transferred. The rear 23.5mm torsion bar and alloy trailing arm and adjustable spring plate was used off the 924S

(I have front single pots but also 944T calipers awaiting rebuild - £135)

Clive