View Single Post
Old December 19th 2003, 17:29

hi
cheers for the tape tip id used tape under the foot of the jigsaw to stop it scratching the perspex as you cut it i will just use a wider strip next time i cut some.

as for lexan well im not sure what i mean either i have thought of another name we called our riot sheilds when i was over in northern ireland the name was macrolon almost indistructable it was and obviously flame proof as well a thin version of whatever this stuff is must be better for car windows as i know perspex can shatter into nasty size pointy bits if its hit with force!!!

back to an earlier post a window or glazing place is probably better than your local diy place they may not be too happy about you putting plastic windows in a car but im sure if your insistant about doing it with them they will supply the correct stuff for the job.

as a child the front door to my house was at the bottom of our stairs it got smashed several times by toys of one discription or another going down the stairs eventually the landlord fitted a special plastic window that spoilt the fun but put an end to some pretty draughty times