View Single Post
Old February 6th 2007, 14:44

thanks for the info. yeah these A arms are not going to be for racing. Just an upgrade for street use. I may later try to develope a set for races and roders but not just yet. The arms will be made of metal that is the same thickness as the original beetle I arms if not a little thicker, plus the metal will be of a bettter quality. For ease of replacement the ball joint is a 944 bolt on replacement. The pivot point bushings are out of a 1982 Audi 4000. The sway bar bushings will most likely be the beetle ones. I may have found an existing drop link on BMW that may fit the set up. After I have one arm properly welded up and ready to go, I am taking it to a local fab shop to have it bend and torque tested. They have a machine there that bends and twists fabricated items to see if and where they would fail. I have a freind that works there so he is sliping me in early morning to use tha machine.
Pirate VW Services is looking for weber IDF and IDA carbs "to far gone to repair". We are also looking for 74 Super Beetle and later controll arms that are to badley bent to use or repair. PM for details.

Sevice with a yarrhhhh!