View Single Post
Old January 26th 2010, 04:51

Nice project. A few years ago while I was living in England I was fortunate enough to see a very special car. A car almost like yours. I will post a few photos + technical data in order for you to take a look. This is a true GERMAN LOOK squareback. What makes it stand out is the quality of work, the overriding sense of a singular concept and the fact that it's just that little bit different. A normally aspirated 3.6 liter 993 motor which had never been in a car was acquired, a completely standard engine that had only ever been run on the dynamo-meter. This was modified with a Motronic engine management system, six butterfly fuel injection with polished ram pipes, and free-flow, equal length stainless steel race manifolds and acoustic silencer boxes, all of which added up to a very substantial 252bhp, delivered via a six speed 993 gearbox, being recorded at the rear wheels. No exact power figures at the flywheel were available at the time of writing but estimates suggest 325/330bhp - a considerable increase from the standard factory output of 270bhp. To rein in this performance upgraded Porsche brakes with high specification, aluminum six-piston calipers and ventilated discs were fitted, together with a ****pit-mounted front to rear brake balance bar. What the body may lack in external modifications it more than makes up for internally. The front end, with just enough space for an ATL race fuel tank, is indicative of the approach to the whole car. Nothing has been left untouched and nothing is less than fully painted and detailed. What one can't see from the pictures is the incredible detail that's gone into the hidden remote oil tank box or the steel floor pan. While the scratch-made carbon-fiber panel work and seats really catch ones eye - the latter, moulded off an original set of priceless, genuine 1960s Porsche TR factory racing seats are absolute one-offs, along with the only set of carbon fiber Variant bumpers on the planet - there are also the reduced size Porsche 993 gauges, custom-made for the car, the aluminium Jamar pedal box and throttle pedal, and the stainless steel center console with cup holders. In addition there is a Sony sound system with JVC amplifier and JBL speakers. Maybe the above description will help to improve your cars, appearance, power.
Attached Images
File Type: jpg squareback.jpg (28.0 KB, 95 views)
File Type: jpg squareback 2.jpg (22.3 KB, 104 views)
File Type: jpg 3.jpg (23.9 KB, 117 views)
File Type: jpg 4.jpg (1.7 KB, 432 views)
BMW E30 318i CONVERTIBLE 1992
Italian Toys - GERMAN WAR MACHINES
WRC is for boys - GROUP B WAS FOR MEN