View Single Post
Old February 12th 2011, 07:24

Gotta love Ebay, I bought some 18 inch OM (open mesh) Simmons 8 & 10 inch wide wheels, these wheels were my end game, the 17 inch Turbo Twists were a temporary solution.

I have friend who is the approved Simmons repairer, he's about 2 suburbs away from me, we've already worked out what rims I need.

I want to go 7.5s or 8s on the front, and 8 or 9s on the rear. I'm going to call my engineer soon to see if I can run 9s on the rear, I know 8s are legal, but I'm using a 1987 Porsche 944 rear end and this may allow me to go a larger wheel legally, its all about exploring RTA rules and using them to your advantage.

The other thing that I don't like is that the front Simmons wheels have the centre protruding on the edges, I will be fitting a wider outer rim on the front wheels so this will sit back in more, just like the rears do now.

So I will need to change the inner and outer on the front wheels and the inner on the rears and get the centres painted silver.

I also bought on Ebay a month or so ago a single 18x8 in the same style, so I have 5 wheels. I sold the Turbo twists on Ebay

Tyres all fitted to the refurbished wheels. Tyres are Federal 595RS-R, street legal track tyres in 225/40 ZR18s and 255/35zr18s. I had to stay with 8x40ET all round to get the car approved for road use, the rear tyres are having a muffin top moment, I might get the rear wheels taken out to 9s after its all registered and on the road
Attached Images
File Type: jpg Simmons 18.jpg (76.1 KB, 29 views)
File Type: jpg Simmons 18..2.jpg (61.8 KB, 27 views)
File Type: jpg Simmons.jpg (88.9 KB, 45 views)