Thread: 1303 mod to Bus
View Single Post
Old September 30th 2020, 13:46

Quote:
Originally Posted by LLVWGL View Post
Haven't seen it myself, but people have done Porsche 6cyl swaps, so how much bigger/heavier is a Subie? I'd think extensive fabrication around the frame horns, or a cradle like a late bus.
Hello, my feeling exactly. I have seen the magazine Sand Sport, they say that a Subaru modified can produce 6 to 700 horses. I know that is a lot of power. I like the look, I like the possibility of 450 horses (turbo). I have one hope of contacting the builder that featured that kind of mod on the cover of September 2003 Hot VW. Presently I am getter my funds together for a billet type IV block. If all else fail, I will continue to build a type IV. However on the flip side, I can find a 3.6 Subaru with ease, spend 5000 on it and I think that I will have a good project. From what I seen everyone having did the early 60 conversion. Doing a 1303 to a 76 Bus, I like the thought. As I write this reply, I was writing a search contact for that builder, that featured the September 2003 How VW cover. I believe the bus configuration would take the Subaru, wish me luck