View Single Post
Old May 27th 2011, 12:29
Administrator

Thanks guys.

Its always easy to do something when its been so well documented before you make the attempt

I'll be using a my WBX 228mm flywheel with 6 puc solid disk and kennedy stage 2 PP that are a carry over from the 2.0T motor (should hold 340 ft/lbs torque). I'll need to measure their combined installed depth and get an idea of how much the PP fingers must compress to release the clutch before determining how much to machine off the bellhousing.

I can't recall the exact TOB measurements but believe its ~ 40mm compressed height and ~ 60mm extended length, will need to look at my notes.

I woukld like to upgrade the power in the future but am not sure if the Kennedy twin clutch set up is any difference (installed depth wise) from the setup that I will currently run ? That would be the next logical step, but if it is too different, I could go to a stage 3 PP (378 ft/lbs on stock disk, 450ish ft/lbs with the 6 puc). The annular TOB should not increase the pedal pressure by much, just based on the design.

I'll keep Wally's recommendations in mind as he is the pioneer

The 'old' 915 shifting mechanism seems 'lost' when I try to shift gears with the shaft only, the G50 just clicks from gear to gear , must be the internal shift gate. The shift rod installation will be quite easy I think, may have to shorten the rod, but that is trivial.

More to come !