View Single Post
Old August 8th 2004, 10:04

I used a 1987 911 sc (if it matters) and I removed the servo. The bolt spacing on the 911 M/C is the same as the beetle at least for the years of 911 that use the same M/C as mine. The M/C is not threaded so I used some longer bolts nuts with lock tite. There is also a flat rubber O-ring on the back side to seal up against the servo but it looks like it will seal up against the frame head nicley. There is one less opening in the M/C for brakes lines so I had to run a "T" fitting in for the front curcuit to retain the brake sensor. Also the angle of the rear exit requires a "LOOP" in the line to avoid kinks so my stock line was too short. If I was going to run a porportioning valve at this time it would fit perfectly right before the rear brake line grommet under the rear seat area since the stock line is too short. I used a Vanangon line since it was something like 8" to 10" longer and I just looped it at the end. The guide tube for the 911 push rod needs to cut down due to the angle at which the beetle rod enters the M/C. The pushrod also needs to be shortened to retain proper pedal geometry but I posted that somewhere before, I'll try to find it... I also ended up replacing most of the stock hard lines with longer ones from my local auto supply store. I'll see if I can put all the information together today if I have time. ( One note though... I haven't actually finished assembling the system so I don't even know how well it will work... )
www.volksport.net Volksport Kfer Gruppe