View Single Post
Old August 10th 2004, 18:24

Quote:
Originally Posted by Wally
The bigger the front cup of the m/c, the more REAR biased the set-up gets!!!!

Therefore, 180 degrees from my beliefs before, to get a more rear biased set-up from the stock front setten-up 944 brake system, you DO NOT install the stepped m/c the other way around: i.e. 19mm side to the front and the 21/23mm side to the back. That would worsen the problem.
The above holds only true of course IF Shads formula is correct (and 'knewing' Shad, he is quite an educated guy (even then), so I must really believe him)

Jeremy, I am realy curious what your or others thoughts are about my above 'conclusion'. True or false?
Walter
You have hit the nail on the head. Now all we need to do is to spread the word, as I think this is where a lot of people get confused and go wrong.

My 944 MC however is definately a 23mm one as it is cast into the body. Actually 23.86 as they are imperial measures which should give me a good front to rear bias (although I don't know where I got the figure above?)

Quote:
This would also explain the enormous front biased'ness' of my current 944 turbo Cup brake set-up on my 1303 SB with the stock 19/19 m/c ! I think I need the biggest step m/c (23/19?) I can find and maybe additionally a bit smaller front calipers or a front propotioning valve (if possible).
Steve C was chatting to someone on the shoptalkforums a while ago and the comment that came up was that sometimes the science can be taken too far. Sometimes feel / and a few test emergancy stops is the best way to go. To get things perfect you may need one of these
http://www.wilwood.com/products/Peda...fmbp/index.asp

Quote:
No, just a feel thing, but when I drove that car every day back then, I was very aware of any change, even the very subtle ones and this wasn't subtle, but a very, very strong brake action.
It would be good to compare a few test emergancy stops to see how the different setups compare.

Cheers
Jeremy