View Single Post
Old February 13th 2017, 19:59

Hi

Thanks guys, dont mind my crappy welding.

The car has just had another 98 and E85 flex tune at DVS, it previously made 277 kW on 22 psi, the Garret GTX 30 76 turbo was a bit laggy and didn’t come on until 5,000 rpm so I had to rev it to 8,000 to avoid dropping off boost between gears.

The turbo originally came with.82 Subaru specific rear housing, I’ve now gone to a Tial .63 V band rear housing.

The car now makes 282 kW on 27 psi but it has picked up 60 kW in the midrange so it will be much more drivable, I haven’t weighed the car yet but its sitting about 25 mm higher than before so it has lost some weight with the chassis mods, now I need to do the same thing. The Tomei PON cams are still not making any difference in the tune, the motor actually lost power when they were first fitted.

I’ve heat wrapped the exhaust up pipe and dump and fitted a turbo beanie, I’ve heat wrapped the coolant out pipe it now passes under the intake manifold where turbo intake was previously located, I used to run my intercooler water lines to the front of the car down the middle of the chassis, I’ve now located them under the right running board and the straight section is now made from 19mm aluminium tubing the flexible part is 19 mm fire hose.

I haven't driven it yet as I had a bit of heart issue, no heart attack but after an angiogram I had 3 stents put in.

Steve

my mate Brad did one of his signature screamer pipes off the 45mm Turbosmart Hypergate

I used an existing larger size up pipe with an extra pipe to lift the and twist the turbo

V band 3 inch dump

Last edited by Steve C; December 19th 2017 at 06:24. Reason: wrong photo loaded