View Single Post
Old August 30th 2019, 13:04

Again not a whole lot to update on this week, mainly waiting for parts to arrive.

Received the GWD torsion bar covers. I also ordered his stiffer inside bushings.
They are made out of rubber but unlike the stock bushings they are very stiff. Hoping to get similar performance from them compared to urethane without the squeeks/the need for greasing.
2019.08.30-gwd-torsion-bar-covers.jpg

The torsion bar covers are actually quiet heavy/a lot more substantial than I expected. A single one weighs 1.2kg!
2019.08.30-gwd-torsion-bar-covers-scale.jpg

For the brake adapters I was hoping @flat / Lanner would be able to make them but it seems like he currently doesn't have enough time.
I haven't been able to find any other caliper adapters for sale that are for mounting Boxster (non S) calipers to 944s. Most adapters are for adapting massive discs + calipers which are overkill on the light vehicle this is/is going to be.

So I've been measuring and prototyping my own + trying to find a capable local supplier that can make these in good quality without costing a fortune.
Still hope Lanner might have time, but if not I need to keep this moving, only 4 weeks left before I have to leave my current garage.
Picture of 3D printed caliper bracket below, dimensions seem to be solid, so going to move to a milled one next
2019.08.26-rear-caliper-bracket-3d-printed.jpg

Apart from that the frame for the shed is done, I got confirmation the suspension parts are getting zinc coated today, so the parts should be back here next week and been in touch with Bilstein quiet a bit to work with them on building a decent rear coil-over.

Last edited by Simon; August 31st 2019 at 12:07.