View Single Post
Old May 5th 2004, 19:05

I'm picturing the giant machine from the movie Wild Wild West (with Will Smith). Lots of levers, switches, mechanical do-dads mixed with alot of wires and monitors. I googled "cyberpunk" and "steampunk" (because I've never heard those terms before) and got a good link to Wikipedia.org.

If I'm interpretting correctly, I think you may be thinking outside Germanlook. While you have the technology part correct, it seems the tech is for the wrong reason. Germanlook (the way I understand it) is including any technology that helps the car go fast, turn fast, and stop fast, with functional styling thrown in to blend it all together. I see alot of gadgets in your style being there just for the sake of being there. Maybe. I could certainly be wrong about all of this. I'm just trying to understand what you are going for. It sounds like you've got a new look starting up and I'd like to see what you come up with.

Then again, you said all that tech stuff is hidden. As long as the tech stuff is engineered in the german tradition and becomes seamless with the operation of driving, it just might work as GL. I like the idea of putting modern electronics and conveniences into an old Bug, like turning an old broken Sapphire into a modern XM radio. Stuff like that would definately fit the spirit of Look.

Hmmm, now I'm really curious to see the results.

My Blog
Please help me get a minimac
Parts I Need
1965 Beetle "Gordie", 1956 GL Beetle

Last edited by bugsoup; May 5th 2004 at 19:10.