View Single Post
Old November 17th 2014, 06:45

Hi

Went to see my friend Westy and he made new less restrictive exhaust for my Beetle.

I'm using a Mondeo (3/95 - 04) air box with the lid removed, it sits near the engine lid vents and suck air through there, its 397 x 150.

Just got back from a 7 hour each way road trip to Shepperton, Victoria in the bug. I'm really happy with how the car performs now with the new turbo. It comes on at 4200 like you just got hit up the bum by a train.

So cruising at 120kph its off boost at about 3,000 rpm so its very quiet, it picks very nicely in 5th at that speed with a few psi of boost, if I stick it back to 3rd at that speed its nuts.

After stops for fuel etc you could really see how the new intake setup dropped temps back down again after some heat soak from the stop and something that I haven't seen before is the intake temps varying depending on load, so if I boot it intake temps would rise slightly and fall back down again when cruising.

I had another tune to compensate for the new exhaust and air cleaner, it was another **** day for a tune, very hot.

I've reached the limit of the current set-up now which is what I wanted to do, next cams & E85.

Im running this event this weekend, just hope I have the balls to keep my foot down http://snowymountains1000.com.au/

Steve

Last edited by Steve C; December 19th 2017 at 05:42.