View Single Post
Old August 16th 2012, 02:34

Quote:
Originally Posted by Humble View Post
btw, how much caster are you running on the front now?
The max I could get was still only between 3,5 and 4 degrees, which is still 2 degrees shy of my goal. I can't do anything more at the top of the strut though, so the rest must come from the bottom. There may be something in development that might help.
I was thinking maybe its the 944 Cup (M030) spindles that I'am running that give the unfavourable caster. A-arm pick-up point, strut mounting and the wheelbearing shaft are all in line with these. Maybe a stock spindle is different?
High speed (>125 mph or 200 km/h) changing directions was still a bit nervous as you might see from the vid here and there from my steering corrections, so its either more caster or I really need a wing with a bit more serious vertical side pods.
Apart from Thomas, who runs a very cool body extension as a wing (which would hinder my intercooler function I think), no other cars ran over 125 mph on the track as far as I know, so there is little comparison.
There is a good thread on the cal-look lounge about high speed and aero for beetles at the end of the 1/4 mile and the consensus seems to be that when approaching 125 mph, beetles get into aero trouble and get unstable. I'am starting to see the resemblence here with my own experiences more and more, so not sure more caster will help if its really aero related.

Would be cool to talk to you at Action 4sure Rich!