View Single Post
Old July 5th 2004, 17:13

Gotcha. That is alot of custom work.

Do these cars (beeltes/superbeeltes) share any similarities with the Rear engined Porsches?

other cars I've been wonding about: BMW E30s (3 series 325, M3 etc) , 240SX, Porsche 944/924, Mitsubishi Eclipse or varient (Talon, Laser), Datson 510, BMW 2002, 5.0 Mustang (stright line anyway), Dodge Colt (Lanser), Miata, MR2, Old GMs with 350s (Monties, Comaros, Caprices, Cutlasses), New Comaro and Supras.

Those are the cars sugested to me when I went around asking what cheap go fast fun cars were. Why is there no Super Beetle here? Things seem cheep enough for it, large aftermarket parts. Granted the engines are more expenive to get HP as you have to do it all new, no real just bolt ons (IE ECU) but the cars themselves are cheaper? You can put 944 brakes on it (already people say those 944 cars stop well imagine them on a beetle) You can put WIDE tires on the beetle. I don't know about the suspension and handling but porsche uses a varient of it?

Someone also sugested E28 5 series, and Dodge Neons, and a Peugeot 505

CRX's were also sugested; If I was going to stay FWD I'd just keep the MK2 Jetta VR6.