View Single Post
Old June 9th 2004, 18:31
Administrator

Well I got the engine in and took it out for a romp today. The head temps were great. I did get it just past 300 but I was givin' it some hell. #1 and #3 were within 20 deg. of each other every time I look and with in 5 deg of each other at low RPM with light trottle. I did get the oil temp up (220) after a while and I was running it pretty hard. I will Be adding an external cooler before I get it out on the hwy. I just had the onboard Type 4 cooler in use today and it was kind'a hot out at 4:30 to 5:00 pm here in the Atlanta area, it's 87 deg now (6:00pm). It's ok for short trips but I would feel better with an external cooler helping out on long hauls down in this climate.
But realy who builds a 2275 with almost 10 to 1 compression without an external cooler. I wanted to see what it would do without one.
I had Kevin Smiff and little Charlie with me for the first run and it is a power house. I still need to adjust the trottle linkage to get full tilt. Maybe I will wait for a while before I do that so I can keep the transaxle in it. It pulls hard as hell and has awsome down low grunt.
66 Beetle, 73 Standard Beetle
72 Pinzgauer 710M
Volksport Kafer Gruppe