Thread: 901 trans. code
View Single Post
Old November 23rd 2005, 04:39

Hallo Martin,

Vielen dank für die prompte Antwort. Momentan bin ich noch dabei die fehlenden Teile und das passende Fahrzeug (schraeglenker Boden) aufzuspüren.
Well I've studied all the related articles on the web, on Herrn Martin's webpage and the VW Speed article. I have quite a picture about what parts need to be bought or done for the conversion to the Porsche 5 speeder. I've bought both the 901 and 915 transmissions. The 901 one will be used with a mildly tuned 2.0L Type 4 engine for which I'm collecting the few missing parts at the moment. The 915 one I'll keep for a future turboed type 4 project (hopefully ) as done by Armin Klein www.turboboxer.de.
However there are a few things which I couldn't figure out. İs it a must to use the 914 flywheel for proper starter engagement? Can a automatic vw starter work with the type4 bus flywheel? İ don't think that I can find a 914 flywheel and starter! Do I have to use a custom releasebearing fork with the late 901 trans.? Or is it possible to modify the push type lever arm to pull type and will it work with the wv release bearing?
Thanks for all the nice information. Hopefully very soon I'll e-mail you for my parts orders.

Freundliche Grüsse.

Atay