View Single Post
Old March 7th 2007, 01:27

hey guys, my dads friend was telling me that i can really wake up a stock 1600cc with mild bolt ons, and if I want, add a cam, motor needs rebuild anyway, and it going to be my backup motor and i just want it quicker than stock with enough balls to move out its own way.the motor thats in my car now is what i really want to build since its the one with most hp and torque stock out of the 2.

For the 1600cc I read in a past Hot VW magazine that they added bolt ons onto a 1600cc and it rand 17's, if i added heads and a cam and diff size carberators maybe it would be in the low 16's high 15's possibly?

Anyways depending if the pistons are still good would i want to reuse them or get new ones, same with the connecting rods,flywheel?
id use this kit http://www2.cip1.com/ProductDetails....10%2D5000%2DKT
would stock rods be ok, or i beam or h beams be and improvement, since there in the kit?
what cam followers would i want?
id go for the forged c/w 69mm crank with a W110 or W120 cam with a cam gear.
Then order dual 40 or 44mm kadrons, 1:25:1 rockers,merged header and muffler, and for heads...maybe cb's 044 heads

What you guys think, should i do that for my first motor build up then when its done and in my bug, take the current motor thats in the bug and build it into a bigger bore motor like a 1776cc?