View Single Post
Old July 19th 2005, 18:11

Uber Affe,

You are right. Here in Texas you have to have air conditioning. Especially for you in San Antonio or me here in Austin. Both of us are too close to the coast for the for the humidity to be below 40% except for a couple of times a year. You are going to have to bite the bullet and spend the money for a quality air conditioning system.

For me I am trying to decide between a system from Vintage Air or upgrade the system that came with my 75 Super Beetle to R32.

The Vintage Air system coupled with a Eberspacher "http://www.espar.com/htm/Specs/water/D4Wspec.htm" or Webatso coolant/water heater will give me cold air, heat and last but not least De-humidified Defroster. The problem is that I will have to move my gas tank to be able to install the evaporator/blower.

With the dealer installed system that came with my 75 Super Beetle, every thing but the evaporator and condensor will have to be upgraded and replaced. I also will not have the De-humidified Defroster option. But every thing will fit without any cutting!

I will let you know which direction I go.