View Single Post
Old May 30th 2013, 14:21

Joy... has been kind of a pain in my side lately. I forgot what a hassle swapping out the bushings can be. At any rate, bring on the pics!

New discs all around, dual drilled 4x130 and 4x100, this really saved my bacon later.

Best tool ever, and since I never get to use it I had to take a pic

I think we've seen these pics 100 times now, off with the drums, pulling drum hardware, and putting the new discs in place.

I didn't do the rear bushings at the time because I had the idea I was going to finish it in time to hit the usual thursday meet... nope! On to the front!

Pulling the drum, so far everything going like clockwork

Drums off, new caliper brackets on and that's as far as I got that night.

Since I didn't make the meet, the next day I just pulled the whole front out to replace everything.

Again, it's unbelievable how easily everything is coming apart, gotta love Cali cars!

I found these in an unopened box in the garage, receipt said 03/08, didn't think it was that long ago. Not really a freebie, but a nice gift from a past project.

Put it all together as close to the original as possible, to cut down alignment headaches later

Back together with the old shocks and some way-too-soft lower springs, so I can get her on the ground and rolling again.

At this point, even though the rear wasn't lowered I was anxious to get the new wheels and tires on. I got a set of 15x7 flat black rota rb's (et25) with new direzza z2's but when I went to put them on they didn't clear the lower spring seat. I spaced them out to et 10 with spacers and when I lowered the car the lower ball joint scraped on the rim. Got them down to et 5 and the barrels and tape weights would hit the steering balljoint when turning. I wanted to cry. A friend of mine came up, loved the wheels and traded me his with some cash. They are 16x8 et5 with direzza z1's and I think they are the same wheels cookvw is using. At the time all I had was the stock wheels so I went back to those, and had a bit of a laugh the stock steelies with spline drive tuner lugs.