View Single Post
Old November 7th 2011, 22:10

Thanks for the link, that helps to visualize it a bit better. Maybe I need to block off the vents and try retesting?? I took another couple of photos, in this photo the area just behind the vents I was getting a positive pressure reading with the shield installed meaning it was a positively charged (high pressure) area.

Here where I'm pointing on the underside of the sway bar I was getting more negative draw meaning more air was being directed on the underside with the shield in place.

As for the fender, I didn't cut anything. I just lined up the front and rear edges as best as I could while matching the curve of the fender lip. I could still cut it if I get ambitious but this is also a dual-purpose car. I plan to rallycross with it at the next event here. My off-road and snow tires match the fenders just fine so there's not really a need to cut it. What I'm getting at is autocross--flares installed/wide tires, rallycross--pull the flares off and change the rims/tires. In case you can't tell, this ain't a show car. Gonna paint the flares silver to match the underside of the car:

With off-road tires:

The bug is my play car, just trying to have fun with it on a limited budget and power (and time to invest) constraints. My bus is a different story though, just came home from the paint shop today:

That link said a lot of drag created from the spinning wheels, what about something like this? Not this exact overpriced piece, just something like it on my front end of the bug:

Last edited by Jadewombat; November 8th 2011 at 08:48.