View Single Post
Old October 20th 2019, 03:24

Hi Wally

I'm on E85. My motor was built by Deschele Performance in Western Sydney to make 400 awdkW (ie Subaru awd). I made 305 rwkW on 29 PSI. I'm hoping that going from a .63 to a .82 and a better air intake will allow me make close to 400 rwkW, if not time for a new turbo.

The front pump will have little load and the pump in the surge tank has a 0 gauge battery cable going past it so I will run high power consumption relays on both pumps, I've moved my battery into the trunk/boot area. The surge tank is now in the stock battery location.

The motor is still out of the car, some of my sons drift friends build high end roll cage for all forms of motor sport and we are designing a cage for my car to comply with IHRA rules. Even though 1/4 mile racing is not my main focus they are the strictest rules of any motor sport that I wish to compete in.

I will be allowed to run down to 10.5 with a 1/2 cage with side intrusion bars, any quicker and I will need to go 6 point cage. The main issue is that the main hoop has to give me 6 inches of helmet clearance while still being perpendicular to the chassis, the base for the hoop leg is going to have to be a long way back in the car. I'e run a 12.1 with 220 rwkW. We are also tying the cage into the rear chassis area.

Steve