Thread: 901 trans. code
View Single Post
Old November 25th 2005, 01:47

LOAF: I'm going to try to do this with the body on. I don't really have enough room in my garage to raise the body. As a result I'm going to gut the entire rear end, por15 the bottom of the body and pan, change all the bushings to urethane, replace all the bearings (already have everything....thank you Topline) and finalize my 944t brake conversion. Its going to be a pain in the butt....but, in the end it'll be worth it. I will be taking pics before and after each step of the process so if anyone has questions I might be able to help....or someone can help me if I get stuck. The biggest obstacle will be lighting (I might have a solution for that).....and the other one will be locating the rear mounts on the tranny. In regards to those I'm going to make a jig from my old t1 tranny (before I remove it) so I can locate the 901 in the same location. I already purchased my kit and can't wait to start installing it.

GS GUY: If someone doesn't get you a pic on the mounts....I'll get you one when I get my kit. The only worry I have about the whole install is the rear mounts. I'm going to be installing those absolutely last with the help of a self made jig. I will admit that I'll be measuring quite a few times and mocking everything up before I drill a single hole into the tranny.