View Single Post
Old July 28th 2012, 11:29

Quote:
Originally Posted by effvee View Post
Hay, today I made some spacers to replace the intermediate spacer. I need to be able to move the trans around with ease. I still need to mod a front mount.

I also field stripped the front throw out bearing and fork to the T/O bearing. I saw something that I hope I can mod. It looks like the T/O bearing can be opened, well at least I hope so. If so I'll clean up the bearnings and re-lube. Lastly, if I can clean/lube the T/O bearing, I see where I will be able to add a zerk fitting at the twelve o'clock location. I would be able to grease the T/O bearing from time to time. I'll update tommorrow.

Hi, what's nice about having the internals out is, the weight. It's maybe 40 pounds. However I will need to just install the shift rod back into the trans for location. The internals are in very good condition, but all seals were hard a stone, before they would flex; they would crack. Does anyone have a shift pattern for the 902 transmission. 901/902/ 902 for the 911. I found out yesterday that the 912 also came in a 4 speed. Mine is 5 speed, I think for the early 911.