View Single Post
Old June 5th 2013, 23:58

@humble the fenders are stock fenders. all i did was pinch the rolled inner lip closed to gain some more room. the specs on the rims are 17x8.5 front et20 with a 205/40/17, and the rears are 17x10 et15 with a 235/40/17. no rubbing what so ever.

@ stevec ive driven it about 15 miles, but i got a coolant leak i gotta fix, and of course with my luck as always, i got megasquirt issues i gotta deal with. i love ms, but i also hate it. i can never seem to set it up, and just have the damn thing run for me like everyone else. lol yes i have a deck lid, but im waiting on hood hinges. since i cut all the original mounting tin out to make way for the intercooler, i now will have to mount external hinges to make the hood open and close.

as far as MS goes, i think im dealing with too high of fuel pressures. i bought a ebay adjustable fuel pressure regulator, and it won't turn down the fuel pressure, all it will do is increase the fuel pressure. maybe i have too high of a fuel pump. the spacs on the pump i got now is from a ford ranger 1985 that i bought new 4 days ago from auto zone, and flow #'s are:
Maximum Free Flow Rate (gph): 40
Maximum Pressure Range (psi): 95
Minimum Free Flow Rate (gph): 30
Minimum Pressure Range (psi): 70

my injectors are rated for around 45-50psi.

the car has a lot to finish on it. i still have to wire up the headlights, taillights, in the future install carpet/door cards, again decklid, im switching to coilovers in the back asap cause i over dealing with the torsion bars. i cant get the car to sit level. i tried both inner and outer setting trying to get it right, but after about 4 hrs of it, i said screw it. i wanted coilovers anyway. in the front my spring rate is 360lbs, and in the rear im thinking 600lbs springs. i think its close to what Humble is running. i like the front. it handles really well.

so yes folks, i simply just slapped the car together for the show. so still lots left to do. but my wildland season starts monday. so my progress will im sure slow down. sucky having a summer job and building a fun summer car....seems kinda redundant doesnt it...lol

well im glad you all so far like it. i know the wheels are close to the fenders, but i was going for that "stanced" look as they call it these days. lol.