View Single Post
Old May 30th 2006, 08:24

I don't want to het between you to but there seems to be miscomprehension somewhere. It looks like a personnal affair. You can both have 2 differant opinions and we all need to respect that. Typ Vier, I understand your point in terms of possibilities: yes the biggest calipers you can fit on a bug is the 6 pot cayenne S , or 6 pot from the carrera GT for that matter! But as you said it your self, no bugs need that much braking. And here comes Wally's argument: we don't need the extra weight of the extra pistons and the weight of the extra disc size. Plus, I imagine it is a hell to set up to avoid locking up the brakes. Wally's argument is directed toward compromise (balance) between weigth and performance: I you put too much in the performance part of the equation, you hurt the overall car performance.

For example, I've seen a tv program a while ago on car tuning in general. What ingeneers recommand in terms of wheels is never go over +2 in terms of wheel diameter. For the bug: stock is 15" so max should be 17". Afterward, it is too heavy for nothing and you start having a hardtime cornering. They did a timed slalom course: stock, +2 upgrade and +3. The car with +2 did a better time than stock, but the car with +3 upgrade did worst than stock!!!

Sometimes bigger is not better...

Last edited by kleinporsche; May 30th 2006 at 08:40.