View Single Post
Old October 16th 2002, 14:33

Quote:
Originally posted by Alex
The kit sold by Remmele and other tuners with the Kerscher disk and the Boxster caliper has the same problem with the disk width. I was told that it is not really a problem but you would have to ckeck your pads more often because you can not allow them to wear as much......otherwise they will fall out of the caliper. You might want to look at converting to a 944 Turbo front setup if you want a 4 pot caliper. I am sure Superman will know exactly what you need to do. I tried to get to his 944 brake article but the link seems to be not working anymore.
If you do not need a 4 pot caliper the vented Kerscher setup is a very good setup. Combined with the rear Kerscher disk kit I believe you either are allowed 200HP or a top speed of 200km/h by German TUV. Not that we care about TUV here in North America but this is to prove the quality of the brake kit.

Alex
What do the Kersher kits run and where would i get it? Does it solve the problem of shimming of the lower ball joint that is required to convert a 1303 front drum brakes to 944 porsche? This shimming requirement I derived from the article at www.performanceghia.com
Have you seen it?