View Single Post
Old September 21st 2011, 06:28

Quote:
Originally Posted by Steve C View Post
Hi Clive

............. I also have an issue in the rear end with excessive toe out, BTW the rear wheels appear to be in the correct position in the wings/fenders, being 30 mm out you expect to see the wheels pushed back in the wheel opening.

I've had some offset A arm pivot bolts made which I hope will correct the excessive rear toe out, I haven't fitted these as yet fearing that I would make my wheel base longer.

Talking to other super owners on other forums they have reported longer wheelbases than factory on stock cars.

Australia is turning into a nanny state and its going to get worse, there is whole new set of rules coming that will make most things illegal.

Steve
Hi Steve,
If I understand your rear toe-out problem if you adjust the inner pivot bolt to create more toe-in then the whole assembly swings around the spring plate/A arm connection so the wheelbase will shorten (?) Did you try playing with the location of the pivot bolt washers to get the toe-in you required? Placing the washers at the outer end of the bolt should increase the toe-in set point (the range of adjustment being at the spring plate end).

Well I afraid that does it then, I won't emigrate, I love tinkering with cars and I don't need any more beaurocrates telling me what I can and can't do. I suspect it was all those Mad Max films that set the authorities against modified vehicles?

Clive