View Single Post
Old December 22nd 2011, 14:30

Seat backs after a lot of work with paint stripper, etch and high-build primer

before finally getting the body colour top coats..

More sound deadening pads fitted to the floor panels and new MDF trim panels made up to fit speakers under the back seat

Door membranes to stop the new door panels suffering from water damage (I've also painted them in yacht varnish before I give them to the trimmer)

Automotive underlay cut to shape for the floor, only lightly glued in case they need to be removed to dry out if I ever get caught out by rain!

The first piece of carpet going in. I've spent far too much time planning the layout in my head to minimise joins and exposed edges to give it a more OEM look.

First panel finished...

Then on to the tunnel section. I bonded on a metal reinforcement to the handbrake hole, this means I can fit the standard type rubber which will hide the cut edge nicely and the hole won't get opened up. A bit of foam also stops any potential rattles.

Passenger bit now done, just behind the back seat to sort out. Still undecided what to do about under the bonnet

Front end done. The floor and bulkhead panels will go to the trimmer to have the edges bound.