View Single Post
Old March 20th 2012, 14:41

I mocked up my seats so I could get the seat as far back as possible with full adjustment to the rear, there is plenty of fore/aft travel. Height is just a case of experimenting but you should see the relative heights to the tunnel on mine. The front mount isn't really high enough for support under the leg so I have also made spacers for the driver's seat to get the best position.

My chassis is so modified from stock and the front seat mount is structural so I don't think this is feasible in a stock bug as there would be a lot of extra weight with much less strength by the heater channel end. I think on a stock bug I'd be tempted to adapt the seat to the VW runners which would be neater and much narrower. The Porsche mechanism only just fits within the width of the heater channel so mounting from the floorpan is tricky. There are plenty of others running Porsche seats on here, see what they do?

News from me: all the interior is with a new trimmer and we have chosen materials, just hope I have better luck this time! Shooting for end of April..