View Single Post
Old August 3rd 2012, 13:17

Trimmer was delayed by lack of leather hides, will hopefully be picking it all up next week and it won't take more than a day to get it all back together...

I really do like the concept of using the subaru trans but here are my thoughts:

G50 is proven for big power, keeps it in the family, adapter kits available, I wanted to future proof for strength (500bhp)

Porsche clutches are bloody expensive!! G50s are very expensive! Adapter plate still so are relying on some bespoke parts

Subaru was designed for the front end of an AWD car, on hard use they unload the front and still get broken at about 350bhp in subarus. This make sme question them being used at the rear where the axle will get loaded up more on acceleration. I believe you still have to sort out custom axles?

I wouldn't hesitate using a subaru trans with an NA engine but remain to be convinced for turbo. It would be very nice to keep it all in the same family as far as OEM parts fitting together properly though.

Anyway, that's where I stand at the moment... I do still think of a fibreglass 356 coupe with AWD scooby drivetrain though!