View Single Post
Old September 24th 2006, 00:52

I have a 2056 with a DTM running on 93 octane. The other particulars are little different. I have had for two weeks.

I have all four cylinders monitored. It is my understanding most go with #3 because it is the most susceptible to running hot and most do not want to run four gauges. (I have a Westach quad gauge.) If I am wrong about that, someone will chime in.

My #1 and #2 cylinders have never been over 290ºF yet. The highest my #3 has registered was 320ºF, and 310ºF is the highest for my #4. Those temps haven't been duplicated since my return trip from Georgia to Maryland.

I took my 90-year old dad for a 45-minute spin. He was a one-time moonshine runner who always had a thing for cars and racing. I had my Super up to 75 MPH in third on the highway, and leveled off at 85. I wasn't sure where the local enforcers were and I wanted to exercise the car on back roads as well.

My temps on this jaunt peaked at 260º/260º/300º/290º.

I have heard anything from 350º to 400º has the being max. (Some gauges only go to 360º which seems counter-intuitive to me. Mine go to 700º.)

I have seen different theories and formulas for oil pressure so I will leave that to others.

I have heard oil temps should never exceed 220ºF to 260ºF, depending on the source of the info and sometimes depending on whether the oil is synthetic or not. (I have heard synthetics can have a higher max and I have heard synthetics can handle the max better. I'm not sure if these statements are in conflict with each other or both are mutually applicable. I am just the messenger here; not the expert.)