View Single Post
Old September 6th 2012, 21:23

When you get more than you paid for...

This is a long story. I had been more the 20 years on the VW scene here in Puerto Rico. I had made bussines with a lot of VW and automotive mail order companies. On the last couple of years I had been working on new projects. My main project is a 1970 Karmann Ghia that I want to build as a semi daily driver. I chose to went with Mendeola suspension system. After some emails with Kevin Zagar from Mendeola he send me a complete front and rear suspension kit. I am very happy with the quality. At the same time I had paid a company called Motormeister to build me a 915 transmision. Unfortunatelly after these people took my money they failed to deliver it for more than a year. They do not answered the phone or replied my emails. I googled them and found multiple horrible stories about their service. I felt stranded as I am in Puerto Rico and they in California. I though I had lost my money. About two months ago Kevin Zagar send me a email follow up on my build, so I told him my problem. Kevin offered me his help. He called the Motormeister people and asked about the transmision. They were full of excuses and gave him a build date. Obviouslly they failed to deliver again. So Kevin gave them one more week to build it. After the week he drove 3 hours from his shop to theirs. After some hassles they finally gave him the transmision. He then drove back to his shop 3 more hours. He spend all his day only to get my transmission. Kevin didn't charged me a cent for all this. Today I have my 915 transmision at my house. In the 20 years that I had been working with VWs this is the nicest help I had get from a company by far.

Last edited by onixbonilla; September 7th 2012 at 22:47.