View Single Post
Old January 1st 2019, 03:31

Pictures of the rebuild

Here are some pics of the car undergoing the rebuild .
The motor is all ready . It has the new custom Python style collector . I have never been a fan of the traditional one sticking out the rear and I need the ground clearance !

Then we have the gearbox which is a single side plated 1973 with a Quaife Diff and custom ratios. I have added a front tranny support . Will be interesting to see how that goes. The aim is to stop any axle -tramp on acceleration . .You may have noticed that there is a small mod needed to run the inner CV joint on mine as I am using a Kombi CV output from the box. This means the CV bolt holes on the CV flange/grease retainer needed reaming out slightly.

Then there is the picture of the clearance between the new 944T spring plates and the pan mounts. Its tight and as some have had to clearance this area I wait to see but there is no bind .

Finally there is a shot of the plumbing for the 944T master cylinder. A little creative angle implementation and all fits . I have subsequently bled the brakes and the pedal is excellent. I really have not noticed much difference from the standard cylinder. May be a little further travel.
Attached Images
File Type: jpg 002.jpg (85.2 KB, 41 views)
File Type: jpg Goliath transmission.jpg (79.3 KB, 42 views)
File Type: jpg Goliath CV joint mod.jpg (78.9 KB, 45 views)
File Type: jpg 944 spring plate clearance.jpg (76.5 KB, 38 views)
File Type: jpg front brake lines.jpg (80.5 KB, 36 views)