View Single Post
Old August 14th 2002, 09:56

Quote:
Originally posted by NYBugman1972

Germanlook is, to me, the modernization of an air-cooled VW.

Large wheels (porsche or not), upgraded brakes (porsche or not), upgraded suspention, cruising oriented tranny, good tires, clean paintjob (chrome is optional), clean interior. It's all about the total package. It's not about the speed, its about the attitude. I like mine with more of a road-friendly (comfortable, I call it orientation, like an actual interior, built for cruising. That's about it.

My definition is pretty open. I'm not going count a car out for still running drums in the rear (like me or Brian "Phat73vw"), or for having a stock or small displacement engine (Trevor Brady). It's about attitude. Who can deny the sheer attitude of Brian's or Trevor's cars?
HaHa! Thanks Mike! I never considered my little bug as having 'attitude'!
For me it's just the way I want it. If you look through the old pages of my website (which is due an overhaul and move to a new service provider) I had initially intended for loads of Porsche gear, but as Bren noted, I can't justify the expense of Porsche brakes, type 4 engine conversion and carbon fibre parts for my bug, at least not at the moment.
Everything on the car is down to my personal taste, from the black wheels to the Porsche gauges. I have received mixed reactions from people about the choice of wheels and their colour, but I don't care. I'm happy with it.
I know I've always called my bug a German Looker. I'm not so sure I want to classify it anymore.

Can I start the 'Irish Look' here and now?
Just kiddin!

Last edited by trevorbrady; August 14th 2002 at 10:03.