View Single Post
Old July 28th 2006, 05:26

Boxter brakes

Im running Boxter S discs and red 4 pot brembos alloy adapter brackets alloy porsche hubs and 18 by 7.5inch fve spoke Porsche rims low profile tyres, I weighed all this and compared it to the same stock components and was suprised to finde the porch set up was not that much heavier so I was happy to sacrifice some handeling for the extra brake capacity and safety .Some people say they are over kill,too heavey blah blah and in some applications Id agree and for the size of the car they are extreme but if any part of my car is gonna be over kill its gonna have to be the brakes!Doesnt matter how fast your car goes if you cook your brakes and end up splattered!We arnt formula 1 racing here guys 3 pot 4 pot 6 pot what ever works for you,I finde it hard to believe that you would need 6 pot and the discs are like fly wheels.4 fly wheels they must be sucking up alot of HP even on a heavey 500hp bug they seem over the top! I mean if you can afford 6 pots with ceramic discs go buy a Porsche! I was lucky and got my callipers with the half finished project I bought so I used em but it was a big job maken them fit. Remmele seem to be the leaders in racing car style components and they do 4 and 6 pot so they must work, so I guess you gotta go with what works best for your application . Big is better but there is apoint where its gonna start to work aggainst you not to mention cost you a small fortune