View Single Post
Old May 21st 2003, 04:51

Re: Re: 1500 fnt discs & 944 rear discs

Quote:
Originally posted by Shad Laws

The 944 rears have 36mm calipers. With a symmetric master cylinder, this makes the F/R hydraulic leverage ratio with 1500 fronts (40mm calipers) a scant 1.23:1 - way too rear biased. The 34mm CB setup will give you a F/R hydraulic leverage ratio with 1500 fronts of 1.38:1 - much better. Lots of people have done this (including myself) and have confirmed that no proportioning valve is needed.
Hey,
Im not sure how you worked out those ratios but i would like to know, so as i can have a play and find the best master cylinder for the job, i dunno if i could use one of the following mastercylinders Porsches 924S/944 - 23/19mm front/rear, it could even be installed backwards if it had to be. If not it looks like the proprotioning valve is the way to go.
I cannot install the front 944 disks at the moment, as they will push the wheels into the arches, and in order to get them to fit ill have to narrow the front beam.
As rich says above the CB kit soon becomes unviable here in the ik after all the taxes, postage etc have been added to it.
It probably would have been alright on a kit car as they have barely any weight over the front wheels, but on a bug it may cause troubles, dunno what you think rich? But master cylinder wise it would push enough fluid.
cheers guys
Adam