Thread: Fuchs on a 1303
View Single Post
Old March 28th 2007, 04:01

Fuchs on a 1303

Sorry if this has been asked many times before, but having searched through the back-posts I couldn't find the specific info I needed.

Although I've had other Beetles in the past, I'm new to the 1303 and its strut set-up. I want to lower the front, possibly the rear, and fit 6" Fuchs, either genuine or replica, in 15 or 16" diameter. I want to use the standard wings so I don't want the wheels and tyres to stick out too much... preferably not much more than the standard 5.5" Rostyles. I believe I'd have to fit a narrower strut kit for clearance (who makes the best of these kits?) but have also been told that the 6" wheels come in various different offsets, so I don't know what to use and don't want to buy the wrong set. I don't mind buying the Flat4 replicas if I can't find a reasonably priced genuine set. Can I get away with a set of 7" at the rear?

I also need to know what size and profile of tyres to use front and rear - don't want to use super-skinny 145s at the front as I need the car to handle well.

Any help would be much appreciated.